Lately I’ve been playing around with Ruby in Windows Azure… my blog’s now running on Ruby in Windows Azure. I rewrote my blog engine (previously ASP.NET MVC) in Sinatra. As before, blog posts and images are stored in Windows Azure storage, so I’m making use of the waz-storage gem to interact with storage from Ruby. I’m using Application Request Routing in IIS as a reverse proxy in front of a couple instances of Thin.
An unintended side-effect of all of this is that those who subscribe to my blog probably saw ten new posts today (just old ones showing up again in the feed). I tried to prevent that by keeping the feed URLs and IDs the same, but it looks like I missed something.
This would be a really good time to switch to using the new RSS and Atom feeds: http://blog.smarx.com/rss and http://blog.smarx.com/atom. As soon as I can, I want to get rid of the old /atompub.svc/… URLs.